-->
no
no

Singapore Mini Maker Faire 26-27 July 2014

No comments
Lately, I have been collecting lots of recyclables from my neighbours for my workshops - newspapers, drink cartons, and even old clothes. It's been quite an adventure because through all this, I actually got to know my neighbours a lot better!  One of the families was in the process of refurbishing their home for Hari Raya (to celebrate the end of the Muslim fasting month), and instead of throwing out their old furniture, I shared that perhaps they would like to sell it or give it away. So, it was very timely that we found UsedFurnitureSingapore.net, a local resource site for people who want to look for second-hand furniture.  We found information on where to sell, donate, who can repair / restore, and even re-upholstery services, something which I didn't think existed in Singapore!  If you are looking for such services, do pop over and have a look!

OK, so you are probably thinking why I need so many recyclables. Well, I was engaged to conduct a couple of workshops (which I will blog about later), but the key event is the Singapore Mini Maker Faire coming up this weekend!!

Mark your calendars!

Dates: 26 - 27 July
Venue: Senja - Cashew CC, Bukit Panjang
Nearest train station: CCK MRT, change to LRT and alight at Senja LRT (5mins walk)

Learn how to repair your clothes!

With two other team mates (Raye and Amy), I will be having a Garment Repair Cafe with the Sustainable Living Lab.  I was really inspired by the Get Redressed Repair Challenge that I took part in April, that I decided that garment repair is a skill that everyone should have! 

We have been busy preparing swatches and mock ups to show you that it's cool to repair your clothes.  We will be focusing on jeans, cargoes and socks, so if you have any that you need repairing, come on down with them and we will show you how! If you don't have any, don't worry, as we have swatches prepared for you to try out mending! Take a sneak peek at our prep work!

Like the name? :-)  We brainstormed over the internet with Bowerbirds Journal!

Tags ready to go on the mock-ups!

Patches can look very pretty!

Want to learn some Sashiko?

More  Sashiko! 






author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

no
no