-->
no
no

OMG!

2 comments


Yes, literally OMG because firstly, the One Maker Group (OMG, get it?) had the soft launch of its makerspace at the beginning of the month and I was really excited to be invited over with my fabric hacking/upcycling and electronics. I am so grateful for the huge amounts of support from all of you - it's been a long yet very fruitful journey!  Secondly, it was OMG because during the soft launch I realised I couldn't thread the needles without removing my specs - that's right, age has caught up with me. It didn't help that I couldn't even thread the threader into the eye of the needle!! The sad thing is that it happened so suddenly! :-(

Anyway, enough of me being glum (I just need to get a pair of bifocals, that's all!).  Here are a few pictures I managed to take during the soft launch on 6 September at the National Design Centre. I'm now busy designing a few workshops for the space - what would you like to learn?  Anything that tickles your mind? Sign-up for updates on workshops at the OMG website or on Facebook.   Details on space usage and membership are also detailed on the site. Look forward to seeing you :-)


This lady made a blinky headband and even tried her hand at metal and woodwork!



Metal works - design your own jewellery! I wanted to make one too!



It was getting very creative - hair ties and even a sling bag made for this 8 year old's mum!

These boys came over to design their very own plush toys. First time sewers!
Thank you to C for the pictures of the boys in the making process.





author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

2 comments

  1. Wow! This sounds interesting!
    I am certainly going to check the FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day Agy!! What a great opportunity for all involved!

    ReplyDelete

no
no