-->
no
no

Tips on Caring for Your Clothes

20 comments


In one of my Fix It Friday posts, I mentioned the importance for caring things. Why do we need to take care of our clothes? Well, not only will it make our clothes last longer, it will make us look better too.  I asked readers what there thoughts were. 

Don't Launder Every Time You Wear Them


One reader mentioned washing their clothes less frequently, and I definitely agree with that thought. All too often we throw on a pair of jeans and t-shirt just to go get the groceries, or dress up for a lunch appointment, and then when we get back home these clothes get chucked into the laundry basket even though they have been worn for just an hour so. They may need laundering if they are soaked in sweat or smell, but sometimes they don't!  


Don't Wash Your Jeans




Perhaps a little extreme, but that is what Levi's CEO Chip Bergh said. Tommy Hilfiger dished out the same advice too. They recommend spot cleaning them, and even freezing them to kill the germs. I haven't tried this out, but I don't know how this would work out in hot and humid weather.  For those of you who are willing to give this a go, you might want to check out this article from Smithsonian.com


Here's my advice




How do you take care of your clothes? 

Linking up to:
300px+turn+it+up+button+copyMommyzoidCrafty Wife
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

20 comments

  1. i have used baby shampoo (if i have no handwash) to handwash both silks and woolens and then a squirt of white vinegar in rinse - i dont dry woolens flat anymore as it took forever to dry but i do squeeze the water from cuffs and ends periodically when on the clothes horse and it still takes at least 24 hours to dry this way. (cashmere) i am a huge fan of spot cleaning in general as over laundering is so-no-good. good tip on freezing jeans - and this will also work for smelly football boots, put in bag in freezer to kill bacteria causing smell. good post - we were taught (can you believe it) to handwash clothes in home ecc years ago - but while i used think it was silly for some time - i can now see its value

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, for football boots as well? Going to take your word on that - no matter how much airing I do the boys' boots smell horrible! Thanks, Eimear!

      Delete
  2. Great tips! Thank you for coming over and sharing with us on VMG206 Brag About It!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tips, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great tips! I wash all of jeans inside out also. I use cold wash. I have never heard of freezing jeans though. I will look more into that. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good tips. I definitely don't wash jeans or other pants every time I wear them. But frequently enough to be sanitary. ;) I have clothes from 10, 12 years ago, so I pride myself on taking care of my things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we still need to take the hygiene part into consideration. 10-12 years is great - you must have really good quality clothing.

      Delete
  6. I admit I am not very good at taking care of my clothes. I really need to apply a few of these tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't wash my clothes or towels until I must! And I always use cold water except for whites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about washing whites in hot water, I guess to remove the stubbon stains that are very obvious?

      Delete
  8. Wow. I usually don't give caring for my clothes a second though but I really enjoyed these tips!. Spot cleaning jeans is something that I can definetly do. I have to try the freezer trick, Following your tips not only prolongs the life of clothes, but it also will reducemy water and electric bill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely have to wash my jeans, but I do so in cold water and inside out! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, definitely cold water! it's more environmentally friendly too.

      Delete
  10. I will be saving this post! Great information, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah thank you for this... I definitely just throw everything in there and dry it. I should probably mature in my laundering ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas. These are simple and basic steps everyone can follow. I used to know people who washed their jeans after each wear, but I always wait a few days before I wash them. It not only is more eco-friendly, but it reduces actual wear on your jeans.

    http://passportcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

no
no